\
 
 
Sunday, August 24, 2008
SkaterAid :: Music Therapy


I recently painted and donated a skate board for a good cause. It's been a while since I've painted, so I kept this one simple, and just used red and white enamel paint and ink. It's pretty far from my usual style. Hope you like. Unfortunately I have previous commitments, and won't make it to the opening of the art auction. Here's the info for the event:

"SkaterAid is an annual skateboard and music festival in Decatur, Georgia. Proceeds from Skateraid are used to assist families of children who are battling cancer. Featuring: Skateboard Demos, Live Music, Deck Art Auction and more.

SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 21, 2008 . 3:00-8:00pm . East Decatur Station . 109 New Street (just west of the Avondale MARTA station off of College Ave) . $10 admission/$5 for students
Deck Auction Opens at the Brick Store on Sun. Aug. 31!
Join us for a "Meet the Artists “ opening reception on Sunday Morning, August 31st. Bidding for these gorgeous, one-of-a-kind pieces of art will begin at 11:00a.m.

The Skate Deck Exhibit will hang at The Brick Store Pub for three weeks , and bidding will be open to all. Skater Aid volunteers will be on hand during that time to answer your questions and help with the bidding process. On September 21 the decks will move to the Skater Aid event where final bids will be taken and tallied.

Come see the exhibit, say "hi" and make a bid! Java Monkey will have coffee on hand."
posted by Tony Shasteen @ 4:45 PM  
1 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
From the lab ::

Name: Tony Shasteen
Home: Atlanta, Georgia
NEW STORE!
Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
See my blog profile
See my complete bio
See my portfolio

Previous Post ::
Archives ::
Links ::