\
 
 
Monday, August 04, 2008
StarWars Packaging




I grew up in the heyday of Star Wars toys. I remember my first experience with the Star Wars figures. My Uncle Don came over to our house one weekend with a brown paper bag holding R2-D2, C3-PO, and Darth Vader as a gift for me and my siblings. I believe I chose R2, but I eventually ended up with C3PO as well since my sister didn't stick with it too long. My brother chose Vader, which led him down the dark side. From then on, he only collected the bad guys, and I only collected the good guys. He still has a thriving side business selling toys on ebay! Who knew that one moment would lead to a lifelong obsession for both of us.

I have great memories of my youth in the late 70's and early 80's with these toys. I lived in a pretty small town growing up, so we didn't have access to large toy stores. Walmart would have to take care of our toy fix. Well, that and the yearly Sears Christmas catalog! I still remember the way I felt when I got a new figure.

So when I was approached last year to do a batch of illustrations for Star Wars packaging, I jumped at the chance. These are done in a pen and ink style, since they're used for the comic book 2 packs. I can't seem to find a link for them, but they're supposed to be Wal-mart exclusives. I'll post photos and the full size illustrations as they're released.

EDIT :: After looking into it a bit, my brother does have the toys on ebay. So if you're that big of a fan... have at it!
STAR WARS COMIC PACK: LANDO CALRISSIAN & STORMTROOPER
STAR WARS COMIC PACK KASHYYYK TROOPER & WOOKIEE WARRIOR
STAR WARS COMIC PACK: COUNT DOOKU & ANAKIN SKYWALKER
posted by Tony Shasteen @ 12:50 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
From the lab ::

Name: Tony Shasteen
Home: Atlanta, Georgia
NEW STORE!
Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
See my blog profile
See my complete bio
See my portfolio

Previous Post ::
Archives ::
Links ::