\
 
 
Sunday, August 17, 2008
Star Wars Packaging :: Skywalker


I'm a little bitter today about Star Wars. I took the kids (forced the wife) to see Clone Wars this morning. Surprisingly the place was pretty full at the 10:15 a.m. showing. I was pretty excited back when the first teaser trailers started to hit the web, but, as usual, I'm cautious when Lucas is involved. I felt betrayed when the prequels came out. I know, I know, it's a movie. Like I explained earlier, it's more than a movie. It's tied to my youth. So when I took the family to see Clone Wars this morning, I just wanted to have fun. That's it... just have a good time. I just couldn't get past the horrible dialogue, weak plot, and awful jokes. I've become a bitter old man. I guess it was geared more towards kids, but the Cartoon Network shows rang much more true. I found myself rolling my eyes throughout the whole movie. It was excruciating. On a positive note, it looked really good. I suggest buying a nice set of earplugs and watching away. Where is Brad Bird when you need him?

Edit :: I just read the GeekDad review by Vincent Janoski, and it's a hell of a lot better than mine. He nailed it. Go read it here... Review: Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Kids Will Love It, Geeks will Shudder
posted by Tony Shasteen @ 8:53 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
From the lab ::

Name: Tony Shasteen
Home: Atlanta, Georgia
NEW STORE!
Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
See my blog profile
See my complete bio
See my portfolio

Previous Post ::
Archives ::
Links ::