\
 
 
Wednesday, January 31, 2007
Wizard :: Cover of the week runner up!
The cover to O.C.T. #3 was chosen as a runner up for cover of the week over at Wizard. A big thanks to Wizard Creative Director and head designer Steve Blackwell!

“A photorealistic image of a corpse’s face with its mouth agape is not your typical comic cover fare. That in and of itself helps it stand out. The eeriness is magnified by the weird gas emanating from the body’s nose, mouth and eyes. ‘Dead eyes…like a doll’s eyes.’ Shasteen then takes it further by making the corpse skin partially transparent so you can see parts of the skull beneath it. If this guy wasn’t already dead I’d suggest he have that deviated septum fixed.”

Thanks to my pal Tommy Smith for pointing this out!

posted by Tony Shasteen @ 12:05 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
From the lab ::

Name: Tony Shasteen
Home: Atlanta, Georgia
NEW STORE!
Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
See my blog profile
See my complete bio
See my portfolio

Previous Post ::
Archives ::
Links ::