\
 
 
Thursday, November 11, 2010
Kenneth Parker Shasteen

My Uncle, Private First Class Kenneth Parker Shasteen, joined the Marine Corps and served our country until May 5th, 1968 in Quang Tri, South Vietnam. He was 19 years old when he died.

"To us in America, the reflections of Armistice Day will be filled with lots of pride in the heroism of those who died in the country's service and with gratitude for the victory, both because of the thing from which it has freed us and because of the opportunity it has given America to show her sympathy with peace and justice in the councils of the nations."

- President Woodrow Wilson
Armistice Day, November 11, 1919
posted by Tony Shasteen @ 7:20 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At 1:43 AM, Anonymous Wyndi said…

    Very nice sketch...have seen this photo many times in my father's yearbook. They joined the Marines together. Really well done.

     
  • At 7:39 AM, Blogger Tony Shasteen said…

    Thank you. What was your father's name?

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
From the lab ::

Name: Tony Shasteen
Home: Atlanta, Georgia
NEW STORE!
Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
See my blog profile
See my complete bio
See my portfolio

Previous Post ::
Archives ::
Links ::