\
 
 
Friday, March 05, 2010
Figure Drawing Friday :: 01
I'm planning on posting a new figure drawing each and every Friday. Maybe this will encourage me to post more often! If I start to slack you're allowed to slap me. Be gentle though. I'm tender.

Figure drawing is one of those things that I just don't get to do that often anymore. It's something we can all grow from, but it's also one of the first things to fall by the wayside if we're short on time. That's a shame.

With the limited amount of time for a pose, you're forced to boil the drawing down to the essentials. In a timed session there's no time to waste. Each line is crucial from the initial foundation drawing to the final highlights. You don't have the luxury of fiddling with the details... and I'm a detail guy. I'm forced to NOT draw detail! This is one of the aspects of figure drawing that's so appealing to me. It's a vast departure from my daily commercial work.

18 X 24, Nupastel on Newsprint, 20 minutes

18 X 24, Nupastel on Newsprint, 20 minutes

Labels:

posted by Tony Shasteen @ 8:23 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
From the lab ::

Name: Tony Shasteen
Home: Atlanta, Georgia
NEW STORE!
Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
See my blog profile
See my complete bio
See my portfolio

Previous Post ::
Archives ::
Links ::