\
 
 
Thursday, April 24, 2008
Last Man Standing III :: Outbreak


I recently submitted this piece for Concept.org's LMS3 competition. My time line was tight so I did quite a bit of it in the car on the way to Washington D.C. a couple weeks ago. I wanted to stay away from the obvious concepts like disease and zombies, so I chose the outbreak of lycanthropy (werewolf) and anger (shadow of approaching mob).

1. a sudden breaking out or occurrence; eruption: the outbreak of war.
2. a sudden and active manifestation: an outbreak of hives (or lycanthropy).
3. an outburst: an outbreak of temper.
4. an insurrection, revolt, or mutiny.
5. a public disturbance; riot.

From the early results coming in it doesn't look like I'll make it to the next round, but hey it was fun to illustrate regardless.
posted by Tony Shasteen @ 2:58 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 4:52 PM, Blogger Susan said…

    Clever take on the word...outbreak!
    The shadowy figures aprroaching is a great element! It adds a whole new dimension the the work. And could we possibly be part of the angry mob!?!

     
  • At 9:10 AM, Blogger Tony Shasteen said…

    Thanks Susan! There was a lot going on in that piece, so I'm glad you appreciated it!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
From the lab ::

Name: Tony Shasteen
Home: Atlanta, Georgia
NEW STORE!
Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
See my blog profile
See my complete bio
See my portfolio

Previous Post ::
Archives ::
Links ::